This exciting and skills driven Sports Coaching course involves a combination of academic study and practical sport to equip you for working in a teaching or coaching industry. The course is currently run in partnership with Saints Foundation and gives you allocated time during your time at college to take up work experience with the foundation. As part of your study programme you will also undertake the FA Level 1 Coaching in Football Certificate as well as the Level 2 Multi-Skills Award.
Level: Vocational (level 3)
Type: Double award
Begin with the end in mind
Coach, teacher, personal trainer, massage therapist, sports data analysist, nutritionist.
UNIVERSITY STUDY OPTIONS:
Sports Science, Sports Therapy, Sport and Recreational Management, Sports Psychology, Football Studies.
Topics you'll cover
- How the body functions and responds to exercise
- Fitness testing
- Plan and deliver a six week training programme
- Sports coaching
- Social and cultural issues that affect sport
- Practical team sports.
- Planning and leading sports activities
- Sports nutrition and sports massage
- Sports event management at a local school
- Sports analysis
- Work experience.
Assessment and Qualification
- 100% coursework
- Exam board: OCR
- Cambridge Technical L3 Diploma in Sport ( Development, Coaching & Fitness) (Level 3)
- Equivalent to two A Levels
- You will also gain: FA Level 1 in Coaching Football, FA Level 2 in Coaching Football, Level 2 Multi-skills Award, Junior Football Leaders Award and FA Level 2 Award in Leadership in Football.
Course entry requirements
- At least five GCSEs at grade 4 (including English)
- Good school reference including attendance and behaviour
- Making a good impression at the college pre-enrolment interview
- An interest in coaching, teaching or leading physical activities.
During your studies you will have access to extra materials and activities as part of your course. These extra items (such as equipment, study guides and workbooks etc.) are built into the normal day-to-day running of our courses and so we ask students to make an annual payment towards these additional costs. If there are any issues with being able to pay these costs, please contact Richard Taunton Sixth Form College.
A copy of our course payment breakdown can be accessed here- course payment breakdown.