This two year vocational course is really hands on. You will spend two days a week studying in college and three days a week working with the Saints Foundation. At the end of the course you are guaranteed a job interview with the Saints Foundation!
Level: Vocational (level 3)
Type: Double award
Begin with the end in mind
Coaching, teaching or instructing physical activity.
UNIVERSITY STUDY OPTIONS:
Sports studies or sports therapy.
The college helps students to secure sports scholarships in the USA.
Topics you'll cover
- How the body functions
- How the body responds to exercise
- Work experience
- Fitness testing
- Sports coaching
- Social and cultural issues that affect sport.
- Planning and leading sports activities
- How mind-sets can affect performance
- Organising sports events
- Career planning within sport.
Assessment and Qualification
- 100% coursework
- Exam board: OCR
- CTEC Diploma (level three)
- Equivalent to two A Levels
- You will also gain: FA Level 1 in Coaching Football, FA Level 2 in Coaching Football, Level 2 Multi-skills Award, Junior Football Leaders Award and FA Level 2 Award in Leadership in Football.
Course entry requirements
- At least five GCSEs at grade 4 (including English)
- Good school reference including attendance and behaviour
- Making a good impression at the college pre-enrolment interview
- An interest in coaching, teaching or leading physical activities.
What students say about the course
"We are taught by both Richard Taunton Sixth Form and Southampton Football Club coaches. We put the theory we learn in the classroom into practice on the pitch at college and also at local schools where we hold football coaching sessions. You receive many awards, certificates, and qualifications upon successfully completing the various course modules and also get to experience great trips to places such as the England training ground. My overall opinion is that this course is amazing! I would honestly recommend this coaching course over any other if you want a future in football."
Joshua Ball, previously at Cantell Maths and Computing College
During your studies you will have access to extra materials and activities as part of your course. These extra items (such as equipment, study guides and workbooks etc.) are built into the normal day-to-day running of our courses and so we ask students to make an annual payment towards these additional costs. If there are any issues with being able to pay these costs, please contact Richard Taunton Sixth Form College.
A copy of our course payment breakdown can be course payment breakdown.