Vision, Mission & Values
Richard Taunton Sixth Form college is where ambition meets hard work.
We champion the unique potential of our learners, who follow future career focused pathways that challenge them to be their best.
To achieve our vision, we will:
- Set high expectations and standards in all our work
- Develop our staff – they are key to our success
- Have excellent teaching, learning and individual support
- Offer a broad, challenging curriculum for all which supports successful progression to advanced level and beyond
- Provide outstanding development opportunities for the able and talented through our college academies
- Nurture independence, resilience and joy for learning in all our students
- Provide first class facilities – a safe, challenging environment
- Support and respect all who we work with, and maintain close partnerships with families, schools and employers
At Richard Taunton Sixth Form College, we will challenge you to be the best you can be. Our goal is to help you become a well-rounded individual who has the skills and knowledge to successfully progress on to your chosen destination.
The expectations we have are based on three key words:
At Richard Taunton, we expect our students to have high expectations of themselves and work towards ambitious goals they have set for themselves. We know you will never settle for second best but always strive towards your best. We offer a full and diverse range of enrichment activities allowing students to make the most of the opportunities available to them.
From your first day at college, we expect you to always work to the best of your ability. This means always having the correct equipment for lessons, being positive, punctual, and having an open mindset. There will be opportunities to help prepare you for your next steps into university, employment, or further training.
In September, you will be joining a community full of polite and considerate young people who strive to do the right thing for themselves, for others, and for their surroundings. As a college, we are committed to appreciating and celebrating the diversity of our students, staff and local communities.