We offer a bursary scheme for students designed to support young people who may face barriers in continuing their education.
You will qualify for a bursary of up to £1,200 per year if:
- you are a young person in care or leaving care
- you are in receipt of income support in your own right
- you are a disabled young person in receipt of both Employment Support Allowance and Disability Living Allowance
You may qualify for a discretionary bursary if:
- you can prove financial need based on household income
- you have specific travel challenges when attending the college
Bursaries will be provided in the form of discounted bus passes, the loan of a portable device to assist with your studies, free school meals (see below) or payments into your bank account.
FREE SCHOOL MEALS
The provision of free school meals has been extended to some students aged 16-18, meaning some students may be eligible for a daily free meal from our college cafe. If you think you may be eligible for free school meals, you can complete a bursary form. For more information please call Student Services on 02380 514720.
If needing support with Childcare visit: https://www.gov.uk/care-to-learn or email Bursary@lighthouselearningtrust.ac.uk for further information.
Almost all of our students do not have to pay tuition fees because their education is paid for by government funding. If you are 19 or over on 31 August of the year you start college, or if you have not lived in the UK / EU for the past three years, you may possibly have to pay tuition fees. Students will have to pay towards their music tuition costs, the college will pay the remainder amount.