Uniformed Public Services
This two-year Public Services vocational course will teach you the basic skills required of a person working in the uniformed public services. You will participate in a number of adventurous activities such as climbing and canoeing as well as an overnight camping expedition. In addition, there will be a range of outside speakers and trips to different public services in order to gain knowledge first-hand experience. You will also be required to undertake course-related work experience.
Level: Vocational (level 3)
Type: Triple award
Begin with the end in mind
POSSIBLE CAREER OPTIONS:
Army, Navy, Air Force, police officer, fire fighter, paramedic and prison officer.
POSSIBLE UNIVERSITY STUDY OPTIONS:
Management, Business, Public Services, Criminology, Policing.
Topics you'll cover
- Government, policies and the public services
- Discipline, leadership and teamwork• Citizenship, diversity and the public services
- Skills for land and water-based adventures
- Crime and its effects on society
- Designing training programmes.
- Physical preparation, health and lifestyle
- Overnight camping expedition
- Land-based activities and personal training sessions
- Command structure in the uniformed services
- Planning and management of major incidents
- Land navigation by map and compass.
Assessment and Qualification
- 100% coursework
- Exam board: OCR
- CTEC Extended Diploma (level three)
- Equivalent to three A Levels.
Course entry requirements
At least five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English Language.
During your studies you will have access to extra materials and activities as part of your course. These extra items (such as equipment, study guides and workbooks etc.) are built into the normal day-to-day running of our courses and so we ask students to make an annual payment towards these additional costs. If there are any issues with being able to pay these costs, please contact Richard Taunton Sixth Form College.
A copy of our course payment breakdown can be course payment breakdown.