This Popular Music vocational course will develop your performance skills as a soloist and as a member of an ensemble. You’ll learn about how to begin your career as a professional musician, the history of Rock & Pop music, and will build on your notation, listening and composition skills. In addition, you’ll take part in live performances both in and out of college.
Level: Vocational (level 3)
Type: Single award
Begin with the end in mind
POSSIBLE CAREER OPTIONS:
Session musician, singer, band member, songwriter, music promoter.
POSSIBLE UNIVERSITY STUDY OPTIONS:
Music Performance, Music Production, Music Promotion, Music Management.
Topics you'll cover
- Music performance techniques
- Solo and ensemble performances
- Professional practice in the music industry
- A history of popular music
- Rehearsing and performing in bands
- Practical music theory and harmony.
Assessment and Qualification
- 100% coursework - 2 units are externally assessed, 2 units coursework
- Exam board: Pearson
- BTEC Extended Certificate (level three)
- Equivalent to one A Level.
Course entry requirements
- At least five GCSEs at grade 4 and above, including English Language
- Music audition - demonstrate a good skill and repertoire on your instrument or vocal performance
During your studies you will have access to extra materials and activities as part of your course. These extra items (such as equipment, study guides and workbooks etc.) are built into the normal day-to-day running of our courses and so we ask students to make an annual payment towards these additional costs.
A copy of our course payment breakdown can be course payment breakdown.