This two year vocational linear course will focus on three plays, which you will approach in the role of both an actor and a director. You will be assessed on a scripted performance as well as a student devised performance and take part in workshops with the Mayflower Theatre, Chichester University and Frantic Assembly.
Level: Vocational (level 3)
Type: Single award
Learning Area: Creative & Expressive Arts
Begin with the end in mind
POSSIBLE CAREER OPTIONS:
Performer, teacher, drama therapist and entertainer.
POSSIBLE UNIVERSITY STUDY OPTIONS:
Drama studies, acting and performing arts.
Topics you'll cover
- Creating original drama in the style of a practitioner
- Review two texts (20th and 21st century drama)
- Live theatre reviews
- What makes successful performance.
- Continuation of year one topics plus…
- Perform three scripted performances in various theatrical styles
- Written logbook exploring your creative script/performance decisions.
Assessment and Qualification
- Assessed performance and written logbook (60% of final grade)
- Written exam (40% of final grade)
- Exam board: AQA
- A Level (level three).
Course entry requirements
- At least five GCSEs at grade 4 (including English)
- GCSE Drama or equivalent is useful, but not essential
- Experience in performing and reading plays is absolutely essential
- Good school reference including attendance and behaviour
- Making a good impression at the college pre-enrolment interview.
During your studies you will have access to extra materials and activities as part of your course. These extra items (such as equipment, study guides and workbooks etc.) are built into the normal day-to-day running of our courses and so we ask students to make an annual payment towards these additional costs. If there are any issues with being able to pay these costs, please contact Richard Taunton Sixth Form College.
A copy of our course payment breakdown can be course payment breakdown.