You will learn about various acting styles and practitioners, devise exciting pieces of theatre and rehearse and perform contemporary and classical play texts for audiences. Please note, there are no singing or dancing components on this course. There is a particular focus on naturalistic acting and physical theatre and you will develop skills related to these styles of theatre, such as text analysis, acting with emotional truth, developing believable characters, using movement and non-verbal communication creatively to explore themes and character relationships.
Level: Vocational (level 3)
Type: Single award
Learning Area: Creative & Expressive Arts
Begin with the end in mind
POSSIBLE CAREER OPTIONS:
Performer, teacher, actor, drama therapist, entertainer, cruise ship entertainer, stage manager, director.
POSSIBLE UNIVERSITY STUDY OPTIONS:
Drama Studies, Acting, Performing Arts, Street Arts, Devising, Directing, Arts Management.
Topics you'll cover
- Acting Styles (naturalism, physical theatre, epic theatre)
- Group Workshop Performance (devising theatre)
- Investigating Practitioners’ Work
- Developing Skills and Techniques for Live Performance.
Assessment and Qualification
- Assessed performance and written logbook (60% of final grade)
- Written exam (40% of final grade)
- Exam board: Pearson
- BTEC National Extended Certificate (level three).
Course entry requirements
- At least five GCSEs at grade 4 or above, including English Language
- GCSE Drama or equivalent is useful, but not essential
- Prior experience in studying drama and acting or performing to audiences.
During your studies you will have access to extra materials and activities as part of your course. These extra items (such as equipment, study guides and workbooks etc.) are built into the normal day-to-day running of our courses and so we ask students to make an annual payment towards these additional costs. If there are any issues with being able to pay these costs, please contact Richard Taunton Sixth Form College.
You can view a copy of our current course payment breakdown.