A Level (Level 3)
PSYCHOLOGY IS THE SCIENCE OF MIND AND BEHAVIOUR, AND THIS COURSE TAKES A SCIENTIFIC APPROACH TO LEARNING ABOUT KEY RESEARCH.
Throughout this course, you will learn how to conduct psychological research, analyse data, and formulate conclusions, as well as applying psychological theories to real life.
- Research methods
- Social psychology – Obedience and whistleblowing
- Biological psychology – How the brain functions
- Developmental psychology – How children learn
- Cognitive psychology – Memory for events and context
- Individual differences – Disorders
- Issues in mental health – The historical context of mental health and diagnosis
- Child psychology
- Environmental psychology.
Health and social care professions, educational and occupational psychology, teaching and research, counselling and clinical psychology, and health or sport psychology.
Psychology, Criminology, Law, Social science, Sociology, Nursing, Radiology, Pharmacology, Education, Social Work.
At least five GCSEs at grade 5 or above, including Maths, a science, and English Language.