Throughout this one year course you will develop your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. You will read and discuss a range of texts, write about material you have read, and produce your own pieces of original fiction and non-fiction writing.
You will be allocated a tutor and have access to all college facilities and any additional learning support needs.
The course runs over one evening (either Monday or Tuesday) from 18.00-20.30 during term time only.
Level: Adult education
Begin with the end in mind
FURTHER COLLEGE STUDY OPTIONS:
Access to Higher Education Diploma in Healthcare (Nursing and Midwifery/Health & Social Care).
Topics you'll cover
- Reading and understanding texts
- Analysing language and structure
- Creative writing
- Non-fiction writing
- Speaking and listening.
Course entry requirements
- You will be required to complete a ‘free writing’ task, which will be assessed to ensure that you have the basic skills required to complete the course
- This course is not designed for non-English speakers.
- You are not required to pay course fees. However, you will be charged a £50 exam deposit fee, which will be returned upon completion of the exams.