What to Expect from Your College Interview
YOUR NEXT STEPS ARE UNIQUE TO YOU WHICH IS WHY WE ARE KEEN TO LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR INTERESTS AND FUTURE AMBITIONS.
When you visit Richard Taunton for your pre-enrolment interview, you will chat with a member of our staff about your college application. This includes things like your course choices, entry requirements, and any enrichment activities you would like to take part in. You may also have questions about college life and we want to ensure you have the answers you need to make an informed decision about your post-16 education.
Your pre-enrolment interview will usually take place within a few weeks of making your application.
Here’s what to expect:
- It will take between 20-30 minutes
- You will have your interview with a trained advisor
- We will tell you if you need to bring anything with you on the day or send us in advance (e.g. an art portfolio or a prepared audition piece/school report etc.)
- You may bring your parent/guardian(s) if you like
- You are encouraged to ask questions about the college and your courses, so feel free to prepare some beforehand if you are worried you might forget you want to ask.
The questions we ask during your interview might include:
- Why have you chosen to apply for a place at Richard Taunton?
- Why have you chosen the specific course(s) you have listed?
- What are your interests and hobbies?
- What are your ambitions for the future?
DON’T FORGET: You must bring some form of identification with you on the day of your interview (e.g. passport or birth certificate).