This two year vocational course will provide you with a good introduction to a range of business disciplines including marketing, resource management, finance and project planning. You will be encouraged to undertake work experience and can benefit from our extensive range of links with local employers including Carnival UK, B&Q, PWC, Blake Morgan, Capita and many more.
Level: Vocational (level 3)
Type: Single award
Begin with the end in mind
POSSIBLE CAREER OPTIONS:
Banking and financial services professional, marketing professional, retail professional, office administrator and public services officer.
POSSIBLE UNIVERSITY STUDY OPTIONS:
Finance, marketing, events management, accounting, business management and law.
Topics you'll cover
- Business structure and environment
- Achieving success in business
- Developing a marketing campaign
- Personal and business finance.
- Recruitment and selection process
- Investigating customer service
- Market research
- English legal system.
Assessment and Qualification
- Two exams
- Assessments & Coursework
- Exam board: Pearson
- BTEC National Extended Certificate (level three)
- Equivalent to one A Level.
Course entry requirements
- At least five GCSEs at four and above, including English and maths
- Good school reference including attendance and behaviour
- Making a good impression at the college pre-enrolment interview.
TRIPS: Thorpe Park, Southampton City Council chambers and Mybnk.
During your studies you will have access to extra materials and activities as part of your course. These extra items (such as equipment, study guides and workbooks etc.) are built into the normal day-to-day running of our courses and so we ask students to make an annual payment towards these additional costs.
A copy of our course payment breakdown can be course payment breakdown.