Throughout this one year course you will develop your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. You will read and discuss a range of texts, write about material you have read and produce your own pieces of original fiction and non-fiction writing.
You will be allocated a tutor and have access to all college facilities and any additional learning support needs. The course runs over one evening (either Monday or Tuesday) from 18.00-20.30 during term time only.
Level: Adult education
Begin with the end in mind
FURTHER COLLEGE STUDY OPTIONS:
- Access to Higher Education Diploma in Healthcare (nursing and midwifery).
Topics you'll cover
- Travel writing
- Information texts and articles
- Fiction and non-fiction
- Adapting your writing style for different mediums.
Assessment and Qualification
- Written exams
- Formal assessments
- Exam board: Pearson
Course entry requirements
- You need to complete a ‘free writing’ task, which will be assessed to ensure that you have the basic skills required to complete the course
- This course is not designed for non-English speakers.
- You are not required to pay course fees. However, you will be charged a £50 exam deposit fee, which will be returned upon completion of the exams.