RTSFC Saints Foundation Coaching Academy
10th May 2016
RTSFC Coaching Academy
Saints Foundation are working in partnership with Richard Taunton Sixth Form College to deliver a Coaching Academy.
This unique opportunity and is a full time, two year course aimed at 16-19 year olds who want to work in the sports coaching industry, combining academic studies and sports coaching qualifications, with invaluable hands-on coaching experience.
Successful applicants will be provided with Southampton FC kit, will work with and be mentored by fully-qualified Saints Foundation coaches and will support the delivery of football and multi-sport coaching sessions within the local community.
The course is divided into two elements:
- Studying at RTSFC, learning about sports coaching and fitness
- Work placement with the Saints Foundation, supporting the delivery of multi-sport sessions in the community
What sports coaching qualifications will students complete over the two year course?
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Sport Development, Coaching and Fitness (equivalent to two A Levels)
- FA Junior Football Leaders Award
- FA Level 2 Award in leadership Through Football
- FA Level 1 and Level 2 Award in Coaching Football
- 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Multi-Skills Development in Sport
What can the course lead to?
Students who successfully complete the course will be guaranteed an interview for the position of a Sports Coach with the Saints Foundation, may choose to pursue other opportunities within the sports coaching industry, or could progress onto higher education.
To enrol onto the course you will need:
- 5 GCSE’s at grade C or above, including English and Maths
- An interest in coaching, teaching or leading physical activities
The intake for the 2016-2017 academic year is limited to a maximum of 20 students so applying at the earliest point is recommended. Please click on the link below to access the course application form: