This two-year Sports Science course covers everything from anatomy and nutrition to physiology and fitness training. You’ll gain practical experience in sports science-related disciplines such as sports massage, fitness testing and psychological profiling. You will also undertake professional work experience in sports science laboratories at local universities.
Level: Vocational (level 3)
Type: Single award
Begin with the end in mind
POSSIBLE CAREER OPTIONS:
Coach, teacher, personal trainer, massage therapist, physiotherapist, fitness instructor.
POSSIBLE UNIVERSITY STUDY OPTIONS:
Sports Science, Sports Therapy, Sport and Recreational Management, Sports Psychology, Football Studies.
Topics you'll cover
- Anatomy for sport and exercise
- Sport and exercise physiology
- Sport and exercise psychology.
- Sport and exercise massage
- Sports nutrition
- Fitness testing and training
- You will also complete the L2 Gym Instructor course in this year.
Assessment and Qualification
- 100% coursework
- Exam board: Pearson
- BTEC L3 Subsidiary Diploma in Sport & Exercise Sciences (Level 3)
- Equivalent to one A Level.
Course entry requirements
- At least five GCSEs at grade 4 and above (including English and maths)
- Good school reference including attendance and behaviour
- Making a good impression at the college pre-enrolment interview.
Using lab testing equipment at Solent University and Bournemouth University taster days. You will also receive tours of each campus, finance talks and lecture tasters.
During your studies you will have access to extra materials and activities as part of your course. These extra items (such as equipment, study guides and workbooks etc.) are built into the normal day-to-day running of our courses and so we ask students to make an annual payment towards these additional costs.
A copy of our course payment breakdown can be course payment breakdown.