Performing Arts (Musical Theatre)
This two year vocational course will build your skills in acting, dancing and singing. You’ll study musical theatre, contemporary theatre, jazz dance and singing. You will also be involved in an end of year production and take part in workshops with industry professionals such as the Frantic Assembly and Mayflower Theatre. In addition, you will be encouraged to undertake course-related work experience.
It is not necessary to have had any formal training in performing arts, as you will be coached fully in preparation for all practical and written work.
Level: Vocational (level 3)
Type: Single award
Begin with the end in mind
POSSIBLE CAREER OPTIONS:
Teacher, performer, arts administrator, entertainer, theatre technician and drama therapist.
POSSIBLE UNIVERSITY STUDY OPTIONS:
Acting, musical theatre and dramatic arts.
Topics you'll cover
- Investigating practitioners’ work
- Group performance workshop
- Developing skills and techniques for live performance.
- Musical theatre techniques
- Workshops with industry professionals
- End of year production.
Assessment and Qualification
- Performance piece
- Portfolio of evidence
- Exam board: Pearson
- BTEC Extended Certificate (level three)
- Equivalent to one A Level.
Course entry requirements
- At least five GCSEs at four and above, including English and mathsA willingness to work as part of a team and contribute to group work
- An absolute commitment to performing and rehearsing
- Good school reference including attendance and behaviour
- Making a good impression at the college pre-enrolment interview.
During your studies you will have access to extra materials and activities as part of your course. These extra items (such as equipment, study guides and workbooks etc.) are built into the normal day-to-day running of our courses and so we ask students to make an annual payment towards these additional costs.
A copy of our course payment breakdown can be course payment breakdown.