THIS QUALIFICATION ENABLES LEARNERS TO DEVELOP KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF CARING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DEMENTIA.
Successful completion of the units will allow learners to develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of dementia and its effects.
The objectives of this qualification are to enable leamers to understand:
- Types of dementia and the importance of early diagnosis
- Person-centred approaches in dementia care
- The role of communication, interaction and inclusion in dementia care and support
- The use of medication to support individuals with dementia.
- This qualification is designed for learners who want to develop their knowledge and understanding of dementia and dementia care.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2 health and social care or other related qualifications.
This qualification can support progression into relevant employment within the health and social care sector. The qualification doesn’t infer competence in the work role, but can be used to support the underpinning knowledge and understanding needed for those working in or towards a dementia care role.