Understanding Mental Health
THIS QUALIFICATION IS DESIGNED TO INCREASE LEARNERS’ KNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTANDING OF MENTAL HEALTH AND MENTAL WELL-BEING.
Successful completion of the required units will allow the learner to develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of mental health. It will also support learner progression into relevant employment within the health and social care sector.
WHAT IS COVERED IN THIS COURSE?
This qualification will:
- Focus on the study of mental health and mental well-being to support different occupational areas
- Offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge and understanding.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to understand:
- Mental health legislation, services and public attitudes and how these have evolved
- How to support mental well-being through various stages of life
- Mental ill health, treatment options available and the potential consequences of mental ill health
- The skills required to work in a mental health service.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 2 mental health qualification, or qualifications in healthcare or social care contexts.
You must be 19 or over to access this course.