This qualification is designed for learners who want the knowledge and understanding of autistic spectrum disorders.
This qualification is suitable for those who work in healthcare, social care, education and training and active leisure.
This qualification is to gain knowledge and understanding of autism, including:
- How to adopt a positive approach to supporting individuals with autism
- The current legislative framework relating to individuals with autism and how different theories have developed over time
- How to support and manage transitions for individuals with autism
- The range of therapeutic interventions and support available for individuals with autism and co-occurring conditions
- How to support communication and social interaction for individuals with autism
- How to develop an understanding of how individuals with autism may be vulnerable and the support worker’s role and responsibilities relating to safeguarding according to legislative requirements.
By completing the qualification, learners will develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of autism, which could support progression onto appropriate qualifications, and into relevant employment, in the health and social care sector.
You must be 19 or over to access this course.