A Level (Level 3)
USING AND UNDERSTANDING DATA IS A CRUCIAL SKILL THAT IS BECOMING INCREASINGLY IMPORTANT IN MANY AREAS OF STUDY AND EMPLOYMENT.
This course will help you prepare for higher education and the workplace. It is an ideal progression route for those who have studied GCSE Mathematics and wish to take their studies further, but do not want the algebraic rigour of A Level Mathematics.
- Numerical measures, graphs and diagrams
- Probability including Bayes’ theorem
- Population and samples
- Distributions including binomial, normal, exponential and poisson distribution
- Correlation and linear regression
- Hypothesis testing, significance testing, confidence intervals and power
- Statistical enquiry cycle (initial planning, data collection, data processing and presentation, interpretation of results and evaluation and review).
Accountant, data analyst, financial analyst, investment banker, project manager, quantity surveyor, retail analyst, statistician.
Statistics, Biology, Psychology, Geography, Business, Economics, Accounting.