A Level (Level 3)
THIS COURSE WILL HELP DEVELOP YOUR FLUENCY AND UNDERSTANDING OF THE WORLD’S FOURTH-MOST SPOKEN LANGUAGE — SPANISH.
You will explore Spanish and Latin American society, history and culture, and learn about the concerns which affect people’s lives in Spanish speaking countries. There is also the opportunity to study and analyse films and literary texts, and present your investigations and ideas to the class.
- Modern and traditional values
- Equal rights for women and LGBT groups in Spain and Latin America
- Hispanic regional identity (Holy Week, bullfighting, food, dialects)
- Immigration, integration and combating racism
- Issues affecting youth in Spain, including the culture of fame
- Monarchies and dictatorships
- Social movements (trade unions, social protests).
Journalist, interpreter, translator, tour guide, teacher, journalist, foreign civil service worker, international aid worker, editor, voice-over artist, import/export specialist, hotel manager.
Modern Languages, Spanish/Modern Languages, Intercultural Communication, International Business, Linguistics, Translation Studies, Applied Languages, International Relations, Speech & Language Sciences.