A Level (Level 3)
SOCIOLOGY ENCOURAGES YOU TO QUESTION WHAT HAPPENS IN SOCIETY AND SEARCH FOR EXPLANATIONS CONCERNING WHAT INFLUENCES OUR BEHAVIOURS AND WHY.
This course involves the study of human society, culture, and relationships. You will examine current affairs, how society works, and the people within it. Learning how to draw on a range of perspectives, evidence, and contemporary issues will also help prepare you for university and employment.
- Socialisation, culture and identity
- The sociology of the mass media
- Research methods
- Social inequalities: social class, gender, ethnicity and age
- Globalisation and the digital social world
- The sociology of education
Social administrator, nurse, marketing professional, police officer, healthcare worker, social worker, teacher, legal services and public relations professional.
Sociology, Psychology, Criminology, Nursing, Law, Social Work, Public Relations, Politics and Economics.