A Level (Level 3)
THIS INTERESTING AND THOUGHT-PROVOKING COURSE OFFERS INSIGHT INTO A RANGE OF DIFFERENT RELIGIOUS, PHILOSOPHICAL, AND ETHICAL PERSPECTIVES ON THE WORLD.
You will study the philosophy of religion, religion and ethics, and developments in Christian thought. Through class discussions and written arguments, you will develop skills that are prized by universities and employers alike.
- Ancient philosophical influences, ideas of soul, mind and body
- God and the world; arguments for his existence
- Ethical Theory; Natural Law, Kantian Ethics, Utilitarianism
- Applied Ethics; Business ethics, Euthanasia
- Christianity: human nature, death and the afterlife, God and Jesus, morality
- How religious language has changed over time
- Ideas of conscience, theological and psychological approaches
- Sexual ethics, homosexuality and modern and traditional approaches
- Feminism, Secularism, Liberation theology.
Teacher, social worker, politician, journalist.
Religious Studies, Philosophy And Ethics, Theology, History, Politics, Law, Anthropology, Sociology.