A Level (Level 3)
DURING THIS COURSE YOU WILL STUDY HOW POLISH-SPEAKING SOCIETY HAS BEEN SHAPED SOCIALLY AND CULTURALLY AND HOW IT CONTINUES TO CHANGE.
You will study and analyse aspects of the political landscape and the artistic culture of the past and present in Poland. Students will also study one book and one film, as well as researching one of a choice of topics.
- Social issues and trends
- Family, education, and the digital world
- Festivals and traditions
- Film – Przypadek (Krzysztof Kieslowski)
- Social diversity and mobility in Poland
- Impact of emigration on Polish society
- Polish cultural life
- Political life in Poland, past and present
- Book – Panny z Wilka; Brzezina by Jaroslaw Iwaszkiewicz
Interpreter, translator, tour guide, teacher, journalist, foreign civil service worker, international aid worker, editor, voice-over artist, import/export specialist, hotel manager.
Polish studies, Polish and Law, Polish and Business, Modern Languages, Intercultural Communication, International Business, Linguistics.