A Level (Level 3)
DURING THIS COURSE YOU WILL DISCOVER THE WORKINGS OF THE ENGLISH LEGAL SYSTEM, LOOKING AT BOTH THE PROCEDURAL AND SUBSTANTIVE SIDE OF THE LAW.
You will explore criminal law, including case law and legislation, tort law, and human rights law. You will also study the systems and processes which underpin the English legal system such as precedence and how judges interpret statutes.
- The structure of the Welsh and English legal systems
- Criminal and civil law
- Legal personnel
- Legal funding
- Criminal law including offences against the person and property offences
- Rules and theory of the law of tort
- Negligence – injury to people and damage to property
- Human rights law
- Provision of the European convention of human rights
- Protection of human rights in the UK
- Legal rules, principles, concepts and issues.
Solicitor, legal executive, paralegal, police officer, local authority worker, health and safety manager, customs officer, banker, insurance advisor, court usher.
Law, Law and Criminology, Business Studies, Sociology, History, Politics.
At least five GCSEs at grade 5 or above, including English Language and Maths.