A Level (Level 3)
HIGHLY RESPECTED BY UNIVERSITIES, HISTORY IS A SUBJECT WHICH WILL GIVE YOU A GREATER UNDERSTANDING OF OUR PRESENT THROUGH THE UNCOVERING OF THE PAST.
During this course you will explore both modern and early modern history and take part in numerous debates and discussions. Additionally, you will develop knowledge and skills that can serve as a gateway too many employment opportunities.
- James 1st and Charles 1st and the English Civil War (1603-1649)
- Weimar Germany and the Treaty of Versailles (1918-1933)
- The rise of Hitler and the Nazi party.
- The struggle for Civil Rights in the USA (1870-1970) – coursework unit
- The Nazi consolidation of power, life in Nazi Germany & WWII (1933-1945)
- Cromwell & the Protectorate, Charles II, James II & the Glorious Revolution (1649-1702)
Lawyer, teacher, journalist, company director, business and media professional, museum curator, archivist.
History, Politics, Ancient History/Classics, English, Journalism, Law, Archaeology, Classical Civilisation.