THIS CHALLENGING AND REWARDING COURSE WILL HELP PREPARE YOU WITH THE PRACTICAL SKILLS NEEDED FOR A RANGE OF CAREERS IN THE HEALTH AND SOCIAL CARE INDUSTRY.
Throughout the course, you will explore a variety of topics and themes such as additional needs, causes of disease, and the role of professionals. You will also learn practical skills such as how to undertake risk assessments, training in safeguarding, and first aid.
Students studying for a triple award are required to undertake course-related work experience in the health and care sector.
- Human development
- Working in health and social care
- Physiological disorder
- Meeting individual care needs
- Principles of safe practice
- Supporting individuals with additional needs
- Anatomy and physiology
- Research in the health and care sector
- Public health
- Caring for individuals with dementia
- Assessing children’s developmental support needs
- Understanding mental wellbeing.
Nurse, social worker, occupational therapist, paramedic, care worker, youth worker.
Nursing, Midwifery, Social Work, Childhood Studies, Occupational Therapy, Paramedic Science, Youth Studies.