A Level (Level 3)
DELVE INTO AN ECLECTIC RANGE OF TEXTS AND EXPLORE A VARIETY OF DIFFERENT THEMES ON THIS ENGAGING ENGLISH LITERATURE COURSE.
By analysing poetry, drama, and novels from a variety of different time periods you will be able to form new ideas and investigate the influence of context. You will further develop skills in literary analysis and evaluation, which will help you to engage critically and creatively with language.
- Poetry – Poems of the Decade anthology
- Drama – Hamlet or Othello by William Shakespeare.
- Science and society: comparisons between Never Let Me Go and Frankenstein
- Poetry – ‘The Less Deceived’ by Philip Larkin
- Drama – Doctor Faustus by Christopher Marlowe
Journalism, teaching, academic research, copywriting, editing, law, human resources, public relations, politics, publishing, TV and film industry, communications, academia.
English, Linguistics, Journalism, History, Politics, Communication Studies, Management Film Studies, Law, Sociology, Psychology, Creative Writing.