A Level (Level 3)
COMPUTER SCIENTISTS DESIGN AND DEVELOP THE SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE FOR THE PROGRAMMES WE USE, AND THE DEMAND FOR SKILLED PROFESSIONALS HAS NEVER BEEN GREATER.
This practical subject will develop your capacity to think creatively, innovatively, logically and critically. You will study a broad range of topics and apply the academic principles learned in the classroom to real-world situations.
- The characteristics of contemporary processors, input, output and storage devices
- Software and software development
- Exchanging data, data types, data structures and algorithms
- Elements of computational thinking
- Programming and problem solving
- Pattern recognition, abstraction and decomposition
- Algorithm design and efficiency
- Legal, moral, cultural and ethical issues.
Programmer, network engineer, database administrator, games developer, interface designer, multimedia programmer, systems analyst, systems developer and tester.
Computer Science, Information Systems, Multimedia, Software Engineering, Computer Networking, Software Development, Cyber Security, Internet/Games Related, Animation, Programming, Information Management.