Access to HE Diploma
Access to HE Diploma in Healthcare (Nursing & Midwifery/Health & Social Care)
This course is designed for adult learners.
During this one year Access to HE Diploma course you will learn about a wide range of health-related topics from anatomy and physiology to psychology and healthcare practice. You will gain knowledge, understanding and skills, which will prepare you for study at degree level and a subsequent career in the healthcare industry. It’s the ideal course to take if you wish to go to university but left school without the necessary qualifications.
You will be allocated a tutor and have access to all college facilities, including the library, and any additional learning support needs. The course runs on Tuesday evenings (17:00 – 20:00) and Wednesday daytime (08:30-17:30) during term time only.
- Human physiology (18 credits)
- Professional healthcare practice (18 credits)
- Psychology (18 credits)
- Study skills (6 credits)
- Completion of a UCAS application.
University Study Options:
The majority of universities (including the University of Southampton) accept this diploma for entry to nursing, midwifery, physiotherapy, social work and some other health-related courses.
Nurse, midwife, physiotherapist, social worker or paramedic.
- The course costs £3,000
- You are exempt from paying these fees if you are aged 19-23 and have not yet achieved a full level 3 qualification
- All students over the age of 19 are eligible to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan to fund this course. If you take up this loan and then go on to complete a higher education course, you will be eligible to have the balance of the loan written off. However, if you don’t complete either course you will need to repay your loan in full.