This fascinating two-year Media Studies course will encourage you to question what you see, read and hear and to acquire an understanding of how the media works. You will have the opportunity to analyse a range of media forms (including television, music and video games) and engage in key critical debates. You will also have the opportunity to develop your own practical media skills by producing and editing your own media content.
Level: A Level (level 3)
Begin with the end in mind
POSSIBLE CAREER OPTIONS:
Journalist, film director, film editor, cameraman, marketing professional.
POSSIBLE UNIVERSITY STUDY OPTIONS:
Media, Culture, Film, Creative Writing, Communications, Marketing.
Topics you'll cover
- Investigating the media
- Investigating media forms and products
- Media production
- Deconstruction of media texts
- Media debates and audience responses.
- Media products, industries and audiences
- Media forms and products in depth
- Cross-media production
- Independent and international media products
- Application of critical theory and debates
- Analysis of a wide variety of texts
Assessment and Qualification
- Two written exams (70% of the final grade)
- Coursework – create your own cross-media production (30% of the final grade)
- Exam board: EDUQAS
- A Level (level three).
Course entry requirements
At least five GCSEs at grade 5 or above, including English Language.
During your studies you will have access to extra materials and activities as part of your course. These extra items (such as equipment, study guides and workbooks etc.) are built into the normal day-to-day running of our courses and so we ask students to make an annual payment towards these additional costs.
A copy of our course payment breakdown can be course payment breakdown.