We are delighted to have been awarded ‘Good’ in our recent Ofsted inspection.
The Ofsted report was full of glowing endorsements about the college, recognising the improvement in the quality of its courses, excellent teaching as well as support from staff. It recognised the encouragement of students by staff to see themselves as professionals, impeccable student behaviour, good relationships with partners who help review the curriculum and a relentless focus on the student experience.
Summary of key findings:
- Staff and students are ready to be successful. They respect each other, and they work and study in a very safe environment.
- Leaders and managers focus relentlessly on the experience of their students.
- [Leaders and managers] have implemented a broad curriculum to meet students’ diverse needs and interests. Students appreciate the flexibility of the curriculum offered so that they can choose a personal programme to meet their career goals.
- Students enjoy studying at Richard Taunton College. They benefit from excellent support from the staff team. Staff encourage students to see themselves as ‘professionals’ and to adopt positive behaviours and attitudes to help them succeed in their studies.
- Students develop a range of skills that help them to be successful as students and help them in their future lives.
- Students are taught well by experienced and dedicated teachers who know their students well.
- Students feel extremely safe at the college. They are confident that if they or their friends had any concerns or problems, staff will support them and take any necessary action swiftly and sensitively.
- Students behave impeccably in lessons and around the college campus. They value the highly inclusive nature of the college and understand the importance of learning about others and their experiences. This develops further their understanding of tolerance and respect for diversity.
- Students, including those with high needs, thrive because of the care and support they receive from their teachers and the wider staff team.