What to Expect from Your College Interview
Your Pre-Enrolment Interview
Your pre-enrolment interview will usually take place within a few weeks of making your application. You will discuss your course choices, entry requirements and any enrichment options you’d like to take.
First thing to remember – Don’t Panic!
It’s completely normal to be nervous about interviews, but try not to panic. Although we call it an ‘Interview’ it sounds more daunting than it actually is. Think of it more as a friendly conversation to get to know you a little bit better. We’ll help you to choose the best courses for your next steps, and also give you the chance to ask us any questions about college life. It’s a really useful experience that will help you come to some decisions about your future.
Here’s what to expect :
- It will take between 20-30 minutes
- You’ll have your interview with a trained advisor or subject leader
- We’ll tell you if you need to bring anything with you on the day (e.g. an art portfolio or a prepared audition piece/school report etc.)
- You can bring your parents/guardians if you like
- We’ll give you time to ask any questions you might have about the college and your courses, so feel free to prepare some beforehand if you’re worried you might forget what it is you want to ask us
- The sort of questions we may ask during your interview might be: Why have you chosen to apply for a place at the College? Why have you chosen the specific course(s) you have listed? What are your interests and hobbies? What are your future aims?