Attending an Open Evening is the best way to find out more about the college and the courses on offer. It can help you make an informed decision about the right courses for you, particularly if you are unsure of which direction to take after school. With staff from across the college all available to answer your questions in one place, it’s an ideal time to find out everything you need to know. From course selection to transport options, we’re here to support you through the application and enrolment process with ease.
If you are a Year 10 and 11 student, it’s a great opportunity to take a good look around the campus. You can talk to staff and students about the subjects that interest you, and find out about all the opportunities available to you at Richard Taunton Sixth Form College.
Upcoming Open Evening Dates
Wednesday 6 February | 6pm – 8pm
Wednesday 3 July | 6pm – 8pm
What to expect
When you arrive at the college, head to the main entrance where staff will be on hand to give you an information pack containing everything you need for the evening, including a handy map. Student ambassadors are on hand to show you the way, so don’t worry about getting lost! You’ll be able to visit all of our subject areas on the night, so if there are particular subjects you already have in mind why not head for those first.
Take a look at our handy checklist to cover all bases on the night, and go away feeling fully informed and ready for the next step:
- Explore – Grab a map, explore our campus and all the facilities and opportunities on offer. From the boxing gym or our dedicated arts building, to the recording studios or our fantastic science labs – now’s the time to have a good nose around
- Access Careers Advice – Speak to our careers team about course choices, entry requirements and get some advice and guidance about future career prospects
- Ask Questions – Talk to current staff about the subjects you are interested in and find out where they could take you after college. Make a list of questions beforehand to make sure you don’t forget anything
- Get Involved – Find out about all the additional enrichment opportunities in your subject areas and beyond. Whether you want to get involved in a club, audition for our dance company or join a choir, there’s something for everyone. We like to keep you busy!
- Find a Team – Head to the sports department to find out about our team and recreational sporting activities on offer alongside your studies
- Meet Our Students – Chat to our student ambassadors about college life and what they love about studying at RTSFC
- Getting to College – Find out about transport options, finance and bursaries at one of our help desks
- Apply – Haven’t applied yet? – head to our application station in the library where someone can help you fill in your application form
- Relax – Need a sit down after all that walking and information? Grab a drink from our Costa café and de-brief with your family and friends about your course choices.
How to find us
Situated in the heart of Southampton, the college is accessible via numerous bus routes, the local cycle network and walking. Its close proximity to Southampton Central train station makes it ideal for those travelling from anywhere along the southern network, and beyond. For a detailed route planner from your home address (including bus and train times) please use Traveline or MyJourney Southampton.
The college is easily accessible by car, and is close to M3 and M27 motorway links. Please car share wherever possible and allow time for traffic and parking.
For an overview of all convenient travel options to the College take a look at our transport page.
Parking is available on campus, please park considerately. Disabled bays are available near the entrance of the building. Whilst the college is also conveniently located for on-street parking, we must be respectful to our neighbours and encourage parking within the college to reduce street congestion.