Class of 2018 Students from Richard Taunton Achieve High Grades and Pass Rates!
16th August 2018
We are celebrating yet another year of successful A Level and vocational course results!
Some of our stand out achievements are outlined below:
- The majority of A Level subjects achieved 100% pass rate.
- We secured 100% pass rate on our level three vocational courses.
- Level three vocational course results comprised 78% high grades (distinction and distinction*).
- Excellent results were also seen across level three applied subjects such as criminology, applied law, childcare, creative and performing arts as well as sport.
Alice Wrighton, our outgoing Principal, says, “I am absolutely delighted that so many students secured excellent grades on both A Level and vocational programmes this year.
Despite the fact that level three courses have become more rigorous and demanding with a far greater reliance on assessment by exams, together with the removal of the AS element, I’m really pleased that our students and staff have risen to the challenge. We have maintained strong pass rates overall, with 100% achieved across all vocational courses and the majority of A Levels.
Today we will be celebrating hundreds of individual success stories within our diverse community. For me, the successful personal development and progression of every single student into the next phase of life is what it’s all about. Some students have overcome personal barriers to learning and achieved amazing success this year, opening doors to careers and universities that they never imagined they could access. Others have perhaps followed a more conventional path but have been stretched and challenged to reach the very highest levels of academic success. I am hugely proud of them all and I could not have wished for a better way to celebrate my career in education than to be part of the excitement on this, my final ‘official’ day in college”.
We are now awaiting our value -added calculation, which measures the progress students make throughout their time with us. Our leadership team believes that this will be considerably higher than last year.
Here’s some interesting facts about student progression this year:
- Student UCAS applications are increasing year-on-year compared to other institutions nationally.
- Over two-thirds of students are progressing onto university and have secured their first choice university.
- Many students are starting highly sought after apprenticeships with big brand names such as Deloitte, Ernst and Young, Fiander Tovell, IBM, KPMG, BDO and The Daily Echo.
- A number of students have been offered places at highly selective specialist music and dance conservatoires (such as Trinity Laban, the Urdang Academy and the Guildhall School of Music and Drama).
Dr. Liz Lee, our incoming Head of College, says, “It’s a real pleasure to see the results of the hard work displayed by our students and staff and I am delighted that our students are achieving well, enabling them to progress on to their HE courses or to higher apprenticeships.
Although we are aware that the number of unconditional offers is increasing across the board, the effect of these offers is unclear and we will be examining the impact on student motivation and performance levels.
I am proud to be leading the college into its next exciting phase and building on the strategies we have put in place this year to bring about continued improvements in teaching and learning”.
For details of individual student success stories follow our Facebook page (@RichardTauntonOfficial), Twitter account (@RT6thForm) or Instagram page (rt6thformcollege).