Huge Results Day Success at Richard Taunton Sixth Form College!
17th August 2017
Our staff and students are celebrating yet another year of successful A Level, AS Level and BTEC results!
Some of our stand out achievements are outlined below:
- Almost 50% of the grades obtained by our students ranked in the highest grade bracket for both A Level and BTEC programmes, up by 7% on last year.
- The majority of A Level subjects achieved 100% pass rate.
- We saw a 33% increase in A* grades, compared to 2016.
- Excellent results were seen across Law, Media Studies, Geography, ICT and Further Maths A Level subjects as well as Childcare, Business, Music, Performing Arts and Sport vocational subjects.
- Music continues to be an outstanding provision with 66% of grades in the highest level bracket (A*-B or D*-D). We have also maintained our 100% pass rate for 20 years running!
Our Principal, Alice Wrighton, says, “I am absolutely delighted that almost 50% of the grades obtained by our students ranked in the highest grade bracket for A Level and BTEC programmes this year, with more A* and Distinction* grades than ever before.
In a year when assessment has become more rigorous and demanding, I’m really pleased that all the hard work by our students and staff has paid off, enabling us to maintain our strong A2 and BTEC pass rates overall.
Today we will be celebrating hundreds of individual success stories within our diverse community. Some students have overcome personal barriers to learning and achieved amazing success this year, opening doors to careers that they never imagined they could access. Others have perhaps followed a more conventional path but have been stretched and challenged to reach the very highest levels of academic success. I am hugely proud of them all.”
We are so pleased to say that we have bucked the trend in terms of progression, with even more students applying to and securing places at prestigious universities, including Oxford University. Many of our students have also been offered places at highly selective specialist music conservatoires, drama and art schools. We wish them all the very best and are sure a bright future awaits them!