Health & Social Care
This two year course explores many aspects of health and social care ranging from human lifespan development and public health to sector research findings and individual care and support. You will take part in course-related work experience.
Level: Vocational (level 3)
Type: Double award
Begin with the end in mind
POSSIBLE CAREER OPTIONS:
Nurse, social worker, occupational therapist and paramedic.
POSSIBLE UNIVERSITY STUDY OPTIONS:
Nursing, social work, childhood studies, occupational therapy and paramedic science.
Topics you'll cover
- Physical, intellectual, emotional and social development across the human life span
- Working in the health and social care sector
- Safe working practices, safeguarding procedures and emergency situations
- Current sector research.
- Meeting individual care and support needs
- Promoting public health
Plus TWO of the following:
- Sociological perspectives
- Psychological perspectives
- Supporting Individuals with additional needs
- Psychological disorders
- Nutritional health.
Assessment and Qualification
- Two exams
- Practical assessment
- Exam board: Pearson
- BTEC National Diploma (level 3)
- Equivalent to two A Levels.
Course entry requirements
- At least five GCSEs at grade 4 (including English)
- Good school reference including attendance and behaviour
- Making a good impression at the college pre-enrolment interview.
During your studies you will have access to extra materials and activities as part of your course. These extra items (such as equipment, study guides and workbooks etc.) are built into the normal day-to-day running of our courses and so we ask students to make an annual payment towards these additional costs.
A copy of our course payment breakdown can be course payment breakdown.