Health & Social Care
This one year vocational course covers a range of health and social care related topics that were compiled by both industry employers and professional bodies. It is an ideal starting point for those interested in a future in nursing, midwifery, social work or similar. You will be expected to complete course-related work experience. This course will prepare you for level three-related courses (A Level or vocational).
Level: Vocational (level 2)
Begin with the end in mind
POSSIBLE CAREER OPTIONS:
Nurse, social worker, carer and teacher.
POSSIBLE UNIVERSITY STUDY OPTIONS:
Nursing, midwifery (with sciences), primary teaching and social work.
Topics you'll cover
- Human lifespan development
- Nutrition in health and social care
- Health and social care values
- Effective communication in health and social care
- The impact of nutrition in health and social care
- Individual rights in health and social care
- Creative and therapeutic activities in health and social care.
Assessment and Qualification
- Two exams
- Exam board: Pearson
- BTEC First Certificate (level two)
- Equivalent to two GCSEs.
Course entry requirements
- At least two GCSEs at three and above in English and maths
- Ability to summarise ideas and produce comprehensive notes
- Ability to evaluate arguments and share your understanding with others
- Ability to innovatively answer the criteria in a variety of mediums e.g. power points, displays, essays, posters, leaflets etc.
During your studies you will have access to extra materials and activities as part of your course. These extra items (such as equipment, study guides and workbooks etc.) are built into the normal day-to-day running of our courses and so we ask students to make an annual payment towards these additional costs. If there are any issues with being able to pay these costs, please contact Richard Taunton Sixth Form College.
A copy of our course payment breakdown can be course payment breakdown.