This two-year course covers the financial and management aspects of accounting. You will learn how to prepare detailed financial statements for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies and gain insight into how these are used by a variety of stakeholders to assess the performance of their businesses.
Level: A Level (level 3)
Begin with the end in mind
POSSIBLE CAREER OPTIONS:
Accountant, company secretary, investment analyst, forensic accountant, and actuarial analyst.
POSSIBLE UNIVERSITY STUDY OPTIONS:
Accounting and finance.
Topics you'll cover
- Double entry booking and preparation of the trial balance
- Financial statements for sole traders, partnerships and limited companies
- Use of ratio analysis to interpret business performance.
- Costing systems such as marginal, absorption, activity based and standard
- Budgets such as cash, production, payables, receivables, and labour
- Investment appraisal.
Assessment and Qualification
- Two exams
- Exam board: AQA
- A Level qualification (Level 3).
Course entry requirements
- English and maths GCSEs at five or above plus a minimum of three GCSEs at four or above.
During your studies you will have access to extra materials and activities as part of your course. These extra items (such as equipment, study guides and workbooks etc.) are built into the normal day-to-day running of our courses and so we ask students to make an annual payment towards these additional costs. . If there are any issues with being able to pay these costs, please contact Richard Taunton Sixth Form College.
A copy of our course payment breakdown can be course payment breakdown.