Our Careers Department
Richard Taunton Sixth Form College is committed to providing a programme of careers education, information, advice and guidance (CEIAG) to all our students irrespective of age.
We have a robust CEIAG service within the college to ensure students:
- Have access to a range of post 18 options including apprenticeships/degree apprenticeships and higher education
- Are supported in order to make a positive progression after leaving college
- Have tailored individual support which takes into account their interests and abilities.
As a college, we collectively support students to:
- Research career opportunities and consider all post 18 options based on interests, aptitude and abilities
- Constantly reflect on their progress, their career paths and encourage self-awareness
- Take part in a relevant work experience/volunteering.
We encourage students to ‘Begin with the end in mind’
Careers Education at RTSFC
Careers Education within the college is led by impartial careers advisers who offer group and 1:1 sessions throughout the academic year. In addition to this we also offer our students:
- The Spartan Test– ICT based software
- Close links with local colleges and universities
- Talks from local businesses from medium to large employers
- A curriculum which includes vocational courses
- Entitlement to a broad enrichment offer
- Visits to Universities, HE Fairs, ‘Get Inspired’ Industry events
- Work Experience/volunteering
- Links with apprenticeship and training providers
- Careers Fair
- Employability Events such as CV workshops and mock interviews
- Industry Week
- A bespoke package for levels 1, 2 and 3
- Progression Days – HE/Apprenticeships.
We work closely with local and UK based Universities, IntoUniversity, Southern Universities Network, local employers, Southampton City Council, training providers for apprenticeships, and have many strong industry links.
The designated Careers Leader at Richard Taunton Sixth Form College is Careers and Progression Manager, Helen Grace.
Phone: 02380 514736.