Your Health & Happiness
We want to make sure that you have a happy and healthy time with us. If you need a little extra support or are interested in adopting a healthier lifestyle then we are here to help! Here are just a selection of the services on offer to you:
- College Counsellor
- Mental Health Nurse
- Emotional Health and Wellbeing Worker
- Drop in sessions with No Limits
- A selection of healthy snacks and lunches from our Cafe
- Opportunities to take part in numerous active enrichment activities.
Safeguarding & Prevent
We have put relevant and effective safeguarding practices in place to make sure that our students feel safe and secure both in college and whilst enjoying college-related activities. We also encourage students and staff to talk to a member of our dedicated Safeguarding team about concerns they may have regarding health, safety and welfare. Alternatively, they can raise a concern online, via our our Moodle system.
Equality, Diversity & Inclusion
At Richard Taunton, we celebrate inclusion, equality and diversity by welcoming students and staff from all backgrounds and origins.
Our aim is to:
- Eliminate discrimination, harassment and victimisation and any other conduct prohibited by the Act
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a relevant protected characteristic and those who do not share it
- Foster good relations between people who share a relevant protected characteristic and those who do not share it
We will do this by:
- Ensuring we are effective in sending our strong, clear messages (internally and externally) to a diverse range of audiences about our commitment to diversity
- Ensuring that people at all levels within our organisation are enhancing their learning around equality, diversity and inclusion
- Providing a welcoming environment which is accessible and accommodating of all stakeholders’ diverse needs
- Not tolerating bullying, discrimination and harassment, and having related procedures which are effectively implemented and understood
- Committing to continuous improvement by building equality, diversity and inclusion into our long-term strategic plans and short-term goals.