Hill Lane, Southampton, Hampshire, SO15 5RL
Situated in the heart of Southampton,our extensive network of bus routes, combined with our close location to Southampton train station and local cycle and walking routes, make the college extremely accessible. For a detailed route planner from your home address (including bus and train times) please use Traveline or MyJourney Southampton
- We have an extensive network of bus routes covering the wide area surrounding Richard Taunton’s. Please see below for detailed bus information based on your location and school.
R901 Hamble, Ingleside, Sholing, Bitterne, Portwood Hamble Sports College, Oasis Academy Mayfield, Chamberlayne College for the Arts, Sholing Technology College, Woodlands Community College, Bitterne Park School, Cantell School RTSFC Termly pass must be purchased from college a term in advance, or subject to a £20 fee. £100 travelling within Southampton £150 travelling within Hampshire Proof of your bus pass enables you to travel on other Xelabus inner-city routes at child fare. R903 Langley, Hythe, Totton via Blackfield and Totton College RTSFC Termly pass must be purchased from college a term inadvance, or subject to a £20 fee. £100 travelling within Southampton £150 travelling within Hampshire R903A Hythe, Marchwood, Totton RTSFC Termly pass must be purchased from college a term inadvance, or subject to a £20 fee. This is a registered route, meaning non-pass holders can travel for £5 per journey. £100 travelling within Southampton £150 travelling within Hampshire R904 Bishopstoke, Eastleigh, Chandlers Ford, Chilworth Wyvern College, Quilley School, Brookfield Community School, Swanmore College, Crestwood College, Toynbee School, Thornden School Xelabus Termly pass must be purchased from college a term inadvance, or subject to a £20 fee. £100 travelling within Southampton £150 travelling within Hampshire Proof of your bus pass enables you to travel on other Xelabus inner-city routes at child fare. U9 Southampton General Hospital, Shirley Townhill Park, Bitterne, Portswood, Highfield Campus, Burgess Road, Hill Lane Unilink Southampton travel zone = £75/term
Southampton Plus travel zone = £150/term
Network travelzone = £200/term
U6 Southampton General Hospital, Shirley, Winchester Road (for RTSFC) Highfield, Portswood, Bevois Valley, Royal South Hants hospital, City Centre, Dock Gate 4 Unlink Southampton travel zone = £75/term
Southampton Plus travel zone = £150/term
Network travel zone = £200/term
W2 Lordshill, Shirley Wheelers Passes must be purchased directly from Wheelers via phone (02380 471800) at £100 for 3 months. Alternatively, you can pay for a daily ticket when getting on the bus. X12 Southampton City Centre, Freemantle, Millbrook, Shirley (then a 20min walk to RTSFC) Passes must be purchased directly from Xelabus at £100 a term. Proof of your bus pass enables you to travel on other Xelabus inner-city routes at child fare. Red Jet Shuttle Town Quay to RTSFC Students travelling from the Isle of Wight RTSFC Subject to availability By prior arrangement only 40 City Centre, Vincent’s Walk, Central Station North side to RTSFC (once a day in each direction) First Bus Termly pass must be purchased from college a term in advance, or subject to a £20 fee. £100 travelling within Southampton £150 travelling within Hampshire King Edwards School Services Covers most of the areas within the Hampshire county
View individual routes here
King Edwards School A one-off registration fee of £25 must be paid to KES.
Students will be charged either £150 per term, or 75% of the full ticket price per term – whichever is the greater amount.Please note: a full term will be invoiced unless notice to leave the KES transport system is issued in writing or email directly to KES before the start of the previous term (i.e a full term’s notice).Please check individual route information for further details.
- Southampton Central is the nearest train station to RTSFC, with direct routes from Totton, Eastleigh, Romsey and Winchester. For more information about getting to RTSFC by train, use Traveline’s Journey Planner. From the train station, students can catch either the First Bus 40 or the Xelabus X11 to RTSFC. Alternatively, the college is a 30 minute walk from the station.
- RTSFC is easily accessible by walking. We are a 10-15 minute walk from Southampton Common and Shirley High Street, and a 30 minute walk from Southampton Central train station. We encourage students to keep active by walking to college and helping the environment.
- Cycling is a popular form of transport to and from college. We have a secure bike compound to store bikes, plus showers and changing facilities located in the Sports department.
- We are easily accessible by car and we have 155 parking spaces available to students at a cost of £10, refundable once you leave college. Whilst the college is conveniently located for parking, we must be respectful to our neighbours and encourage parking within the college to reduce street congestion.
Travelling from the Isle of Wight
- We offer a free shuttle service for students catching the ferry from the Isle of Wight. In the morning, students catch the 7.45am ferry and are picked up by our bus at 8.05am to get to college for 8.20am (lessons start at 8.30am). Students then board the 4.10pm college bus to catch the 4.45pm ferry back to the island. We also offer help with travel costs for students coming from the Isle of Wight, please call Student Services on 02380 514720 for more information. This service is by prior arrangement only and eligible students will need a bus pass to use this service, issued by Student Services. Please note all times are approximate depending on weather and traffic conditions. For further information, visit the Red Funnel website here.
There are 3 terms per academic year and our prices are very competitive. You may be entitled to help with travel costs depending on your financial circumstances. If you have any queries about travelling to RTSFC, please call our travel experts in Students Services on 02380 514720. Please note:
- RTSFC reserve the right to amend timetables or fares at any time during the academic year
- Changes to public services are at the discretion of the bus operator